MANAGING DIRECTOR QATAR
For our client, an international industrial group is looking for a
MANAGING DIRECTOR QATAR (m/f)
- Is part of a global industrial group which is a leader in its main business activities paper, energy, mobility and services
- The group has a total of more than 37.000 employees at 270 sites worldwide and an annual revenue of about € 4,2 billion
- Plays a significant role in the success of the group and thus benefits the profit of customers, employees and the other group divisions
- Leads by reliability, innovation and customer-orientation
- Offers industrial services in two competence areas “Facility Service” and “Process Service” with a total of approx. 19.000 employees generating an annual revenue of approx. € 800 million.
- Target customers are industrial companies with production processes
- Business or value proposition is to help customers focus on their core business by providing services to them in the fields of facility management, technical plant cleaning and maintenance (“Facility Service”) as well as services supporting or improving production processes, like planning and engineering, assembly and maintenance, as well as overhauls and modernisation of machinery and plants (“Process Service”)
- Company Headquarters are located in the South West of Germany
The Qatar operations
- The company is in the process of setting up a Joint Venture with a local partner in Qatar which shall offer “Process Service” to Oil & Gas, Energy, Chemical and Steel companies and which shall employ approx. 300 people by 2018.
- The Managing Director Qatar shall represent the German Joint Venture partner and develop the business based on the technical and operational know how of the company in cooperation with the local JV partner
- Represents the German Joint Venture partner in Qatar (The local JV partner has a facility management background, is well established locally and employs approx. 500 people)
- Plays a key role in building the business in Qatar in terms of revenue and organisation
- Will combine technical and operational know how of the company with local business contacts and experience provided by the local JV partner to develop the Qatar operations
- Has the objective of developing and increasing of the business volume and the number of employees
- Will build and lead the organisation and personally focus on business development in co-operation with (using the contacts of) the local JV partner
- Will be supported by 2-3 European company employees in his management team, e.g. for finance and administration
- Provides strategic and operational leadership for the Qatar organisation (Sales, Service Operations, Finance and Administration, IT, HR, …)
- Structures and focuses the organisation to systematically and strategically seize business opportunities in Qatar, taking into consideration local characteristics
- Continuously adapts the organisation to local needs and initiates new concepts and innovations to better exploit the market potential
- Systematically wins new customers and assures continuous development of customer accounts
- Represents the company internally and externally and assures adherence to legal and group regulations
- Reports to the worldwide Managing Director of the Process Service Business Units “Process Industries and Energy” in Germany
- Will be measured on revenue and profitability targets
- Is located in Qatar (Doha)
THE MAIN TASKS
- Develop, fine tune and implement local strategy and business plan in cooperation with group objectives and local JV partner
- Develop local business and set up operations (people, premises, offices, infrastructure) accordingly
- Build and lead management team and operations (Sales, Key Account Management, Marketing, Service operations and scheduling, Order Processing, Stock, Finance and Administration, IT, HR)
- Combine technological know how and operational company competence with local JV partner contacts and experience to develop competitive advantage and USP (Unique Selling Proposition)
- Adapt organisation, structure and processes to changing (growing) business volume depending on realisation of business plan and market opportunities/ needs
- Market analysis and further development of market potential
- Personal involvement in Key Account/ Business development and closing of contracts
- Initiate, plan and execute activities to create awareness and interest in “Process Service” offering in line with local customs
- Monthly reporting to Headquarters in Germany
- Represent company/ group interests within the Joint Venture
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Requirements profile: educational and technical qualifications
- Studies of engineering, industrial, chemical or process engineering or science, alternatively equivalent professional experience in combination with other technical and/ or business education
- Additional studies of economics, business or an MBA advantageous
- Fluent in English and German (Mother tongue or studies in Germany)
Competencies and personal characteristics
- Intrapreneur with energy, drive, leadership skills and vision
- Teamplayer and Leader, able to delegate as well as to act himself
- Strategic and systematic in planning, pragmatic and results-oriented in daily operations
- Good sense for administration management and processes
- Sales- and results-oriented
- Strong personality, nevertheless with sense for the needs of others
- Stress-resistent and self-motivated
- Familiar with German business culture as well as with local customs
THE IDEAL EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years of proven successful leadership, sales, key account and/ or general management experience in the field of Oil & Gas, Energy, Steel (process industry) in the Middle East in addition to previous working and living experience in Germany or other “Germanic” country
- Technical experience in service, maintenance, engineering or similar advantageous
- German (alternatively Dutch, Austrian, Swiss, Scandinavian or similar), other international and/ or Joint Venture experience and/ or having worked in a German or international group
- Familiar with General Management tool kit (economics, organisational, HR, IT...)
- Reporting experience to foreign, ideally German, companies
Wenn Sie an dieser spannenden und entwicklungsfähigen Herausforderung interessiert sind, die Sie in jeder Sicht fordern wird, dann bitten wir um Ihre aussagefähigen Bewerbungsunterlagen per Post an einen unserer Standorte oder verwenden sie unser Online-Formular.
Für eine erste vertrauliche Kontaktaufnahme erreichen sie Herrn Hubert Wartner über das Kontaktformular.
Wir finden Spitzenkräfte für Top-Positionen.Executive Search ...
Wir optimieren die Fähigkeiten von Top-Executives.Leadership Management ...
Wir helfen beim Aufbau von Aufsichtsratsgremien.Board Consulting ...
Family Business Advisory
Wir unterstützen Familienunternehmen bei der Zukunftsbewältigung.Family Business Advisory ...
Wir verbessern betriebliche Prozesse und die Wertschöpfung.Business Excellence ...